Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A New Day

March 21st, 2011 I went live with a new look for our web site. I put the home page and some key pages up in Wordpress. The new layout links to other pages previously generated with Dreamweaver or earlier with GoLive and even earlier with Front Page.

This change was prompted for a few reasons. I wanted to give the site a face lift and a fresh look. I wanted to have the means to add in items without firing up Dreamweaver. I wanted to move to a less techie regime to maintain and update the site so at some future time the site could be managed by a less technical volunteer. And finally, to add some password protected pages for executive use.

While I chose to use Wordpress on my shared server, I kept this little blog on Blogger because I like its look and simplicity.